As a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation, our Board of Trustees ensure that we comply with all the requirements set by the Office of Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR), as well as any requirements set by the Information Commissioner’s Office for data protection. As part of OSCR requirements we have a Constitution which sets out the protocols by which we are governed.
Our Board are elected from our Membership and meet regularly to discuss the priorities of Environmental Protection Scotland and the strategic direction of the organisation. The Board have set the following priorities for 2014 / 2015:
- Maintain diversity and expertise of the Board of Trustees
- Maintain diversity and expertise on the Expert Advisory Groups
- Maintain staffing levels
- Offer online payment for events and membership
- Maintain our level of current membership and attract members in the corporate, research and HE & FE sectors.
- Provide three quality training events in our core areas with a number of inter-disciplinary events
- Successful accreditation of our events for CPD