Environmental Protection Scotland welcome all users to this website but wish to make it clear that we require all users, including ourselves, to comply with the terms and conditions listed below.
“We” or “Us” refer to Environmental Protection Scotland (EPS). “Website” means the Environmental Protection Scotland website (www.ep-scotland.org.uk).
Courtesy, Respect, and Good Faith
We require all users to exercise courtesy, respect and good faith towards all other users at all times. Good faith means doing your best to ensure that any contribution you make to this website is reasonable, accurate, properly attributed where appropriate, framed in civilised language and that all legal rules of copyright and data protection are observed.
Changes to this website
We reserve the right to make changes to the website, including these terms of reference, at any time including the removal of any material at our sole discretion. Users will be legally bound to any revisions to these terms from the first time they access the site following any changes. Users are therefore encouraged to read these terms on a regular basis.
Accuracy, liability for accuracy and copyright compliance
We strive to ensure that the information available on this website is accurate but we do not warrant or guarantee accuracy and cannot accept any liability of any kind for any losses foreseen, unforeseen, unforeseeable, known, unknown or other, which may arise anywhere from the use of any information which, it transpires, is not accurate.
We do not accept liability for reliance on information on sites linked to or from this website. Anyone reproducing material from this website is solely responsible themselves for ensuring compliance with all copyright and data protection laws in all jurisdictions, including seeking the consent of the copyright holder of any information before reproduction and users shall make every effort to avoid any infringement of copyright.
We will not accept liability for copyright infringement, or fault on any other basis, by anybody who reproduces any material from this website or from websites linked to this website.
Restrictions on use of the website
Generally, users must not use the website in any way that causes or is likely to cause the website or access to it to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way. Users are solely responsible, and remain responsible, for all electronic communications and contents they send to us. Users must use the website for lawful purposes only, and in particular, must not use the website for any of the following:
- For fraudulent purposes or in connection with a criminal offence or otherwise to carry out any unlawful activity
- To send, use or re-use any material that is illegal, offensive, abusive, indecent, harmful, defamatory, obscene or menacing racist, abusive, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, in breach of confidence, infringes any intellectual property rights, or is otherwise injurious to third parties; or objectionable; or which consists of or contains software viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware, or to support or carry out political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any spam,
- To cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety
- To impersonate any third party or otherwise mislead as to the origin of your content
- To reproduce, duplicate, copy or resell any part of our site in contravention with these terms or any other agreement with us.
Links to external websites
We cannot be held responsible and/or accept liability for the content of any linked website. This is because EPS does not produce them, maintain them, or update them. Some of our external links may be to websites which also offer commercial services, such as online purchases. The inclusion of a link to an external website from www.ep-scotland.org.uk should not be understood to be an endorsement of that website or the site’s owners (or their products / services).